The Festival Village is located adjacent to The Theatre By The Lake close to Derwentwater.
The events has a start window from Crow Park between 08:00 and 10.00am
- 5 hour timed Adventure Race for Solos and Pairs Incorporating Navigation, Trail Running and Mountain Biking
- Participants have to visit as many checkpoints of varying point values marked on a map within a 5 hour time limit.
- 20 Mountain Bike (5 dummy) and 20 Run (5 dummy) checkpoints marked on double sided map
- Point values and descriptions are only given out to participant at the start
- Points are lost for late arrival at the finish
- Winners are those with the highest points after any late penalties
- Participants can enter as Solos or Pairs (staying together)
- Participants transition between disciplines once
- Participants can either run or bike first
- Each participant requires a dibber. You can bring your own or hire one for £3.50 when entering the race.
Completion Time: 5 Hours
It is possible that events and courses at KMF may need to be amended at short notice due to weather issues, water levels, road conditions or roadworks.
By nature, many of these factors are not possible to know well in advance. For each event there are a number of alternative options available which can be implemented at short notice. The organisers and race directors will always have athlete and spectator safety as the highest priority, and within that context will seek to provide the best possible experience.
All sporting events would be impacted if the Event Village has to be closed. In this instance, as long as circumstances allow, all starts and finishes would be relocated to Lake Road and Lakeside Car Park and the events operated as smoothly as possible.
A bad weather route will be implemented closer to the Event, and to be used if the course needs to be adjusted.
Your athlete guide will be emailed to you approximately 2 weeks before the event date, and also available to download here.
Please make sure you read this prior to coming to the event, it will answer most if not all of your questions.